|Sun Dried Tomato and Feta Egg Bake|
⅙th of recipe (2 egg bakes): 124 calories, 3g total fat (2g sat fat), 449mg sodium, 7.5g carbs, 2g fiber, 4.5g sugars, 14.5g protein You’ll Need: baking sheet, 12-cup muffin pan, nonstick spray, large bowl, whisk Prep: 20 minutes • Cook: 45 minutes
- 1 cup eggplant cut into ½-inch cubes
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 2½ cups (about 20 large) egg whites
- 2 tablespoons fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup bagged sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet and a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Lay veggies on the baking sheet, evenly spaced. Sprinkle with salt, black pepper, and ⅛ teaspoon each garlic powder and onion powder.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Stir/rearrange veggies. Bake until softened and lightly browned, about 10 more minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven, and reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites, Greek yogurt, and remaining ⅛ teaspoon each garlic powder and onion powder. Whisk until mostly smooth. Add cooked veggies, sun-dried tomatoes, and feta cheese. Stir to mix.
- Evenly distribute mixture among the cups of the muffin pan. (Cups will be full.) 8. Bake until firm and cooked through, about 25 minutes.