Roasted Veggie Egg Bakes
⅙th of recipe (2 egg bakes): 122 calories, 3g total fat (2g sat fat), 384mg sodium, 7g carbs, 1g fiber, 3g sugars, 15.5g protein You’ll Need: large baking sheet, 12-cup muffin pan, nonstick spray, large bowl, whisk Prep: 20 minutes • Cook: 40 minutes
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper
- 2½ cups (about 20) egg whites
- 2 tablespoons fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- Optional topping: Clean & Hungry Salsa (recipe and store-bought alternatives)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet and a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Lay veggies on the baking sheet, evenly spaced. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Stir/rearrange veggies. Bake until softened and lightly browned, about 10 more minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven, and reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites with Greek yogurt until mostly smooth. Add cheese, basil, and cooked veggies. Stir to mix.
- Evenly distribute mixture among the cups of the muffin pan. (Cups will be full.) 8. Bake until firm and cooked through, about 20 minutes.