|Red, White and Blueberry Trifle|
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 480g double cream
- 1 ready-made angel food cake
- Icing sugar, for garnish, optional
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple jam or apricot preserve, for garnish, optional
- 225g cream cheese
- Pinch salt
- One 170g punnet blackberries
- Two 170g punnets blueberries
- 150g granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Two 450g punnets strawberries
- Trim and quarter the strawberries and set aside. Combine the blueberries, blackberries, 100g granulated sugar, 80ml water, lemon zest, juice and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the berries break down and the sauce thickens, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.
- place the cream cheese, 60ml cream, the remaining granulated sugar and the vanilla extract in a large bowl and whisk on medium speed until smooth and fluffy. In a second large bowl, whisk the remaining cream until stiff peaks form. Fold about one-quarter of the whisked cream into the cream cheese mixture until lightened, and then fold in the remaining cream.
- To assemble the trifle, rip or cut the angel food cake into 2-inch pieces. Place half the cake pieces in the bottom of a 12-to-14-cup trifle dish or large bowl. Top with about half the blueberry sauce, half the cream and half the quartered strawberries. Repeat the layers with the remaining cake, berry sauce, cream and strawberries. Cover with cling film and chill 8 hours or overnight. Before serving either dust with icing sugar or heat the apple jelly in the microwave for 25 seconds to loosen, and then brush over the strawberries.
Read Another Recipes :
- Apple Fritter Doughnuts Easy Recipes - IT One First
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cakes Ice Box - IT One First
- Dairy Free Chocolate Sables Easy Recipes - IT One First
- Gluten Dairy Egg Free Recipes with Banana Passion Fruit Cupcakes - IT One First
- Lemon Icebox Rounds - IT One First
- Red White and Blueberry Trifle Easy Recipe - IT One First