|Mexican Breakfast Burrito|
Entire recipe: 250 calories, 3.5g total fat (1.5g sat fat), 669mg sodium, 28g
carbs, 5g fiber, 5.5g sugars, 26.5g protein You’ll Need: large microwave-safe
mug, nonstick spray, microwave-safe plate Prep: 5
minutes • Cook: 5 minutes
- ¼ cup chopped bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons frozen sweet corn kernels
- ½ cup (about 4 large) egg whites
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese
- 2 tablespoons canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Clean & Hungry Whole-Wheat Tortilla (recipe and store-bought alternatives)
- Optional topping: Clean & Hungry Salsa.
- Spray a large microwave-safe mug with nonstick spray. Add bell pepper, onion, and corn. Microwave for 1 minute, or until pepper and onion have slightly softened and corn has thawed.
- Blot away excess moisture. Add egg whites, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder. Stir, and microwave for 1 minute.
- Mix in cheese and beans. Microwave for 1 more minute, or until set.
- Microwave tortilla on a microwave-safe plate for 10 seconds, or until warm.
- Place egg scramble across the middle of the tortilla.
- Wrap tortilla up by first folding in one side (to keep filling from escaping) and then tightly rolling it up from the bottom.
To make the egg scramble in a skillet …
- Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion, and corn. Cook and stir until pepper and onion have slightly softened and corn has thawed, about 3 minutes.
- Add egg whites, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder. Cook and scramble until veggies are soft and egg whites are fully cooked, about 2 minutes.
- Add beans, and cook and stir until hot, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, and stir in cheese.