Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
Entire recipe: 262 calories, 5g total fat (2g sat fat), 602mg sodium, 32g carbs, 6g fiber, 6.5g sugars, 24g protein You’ll Need: small bowl, medium bowl, skillet, nonstick spray, plate Prep: 10 minutes • Cook:10 minutes
- ¼ cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 packets natural no-calorie sweetener
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (about 2 large) egg whites
- ¼ cup light/low-fat ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup oat bran
- 1 tablespoon whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Dash cinnamon
- Dash salt
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt with 1 sweetener packet and ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract. Mix until uniform.
- To make the pancake batter, in a medium bowl, combine all remaining ingredients, including remaining sweetener packet and ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract. Add 2 tablespoons water, and mix until uniform.
- Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add half of the batter to form a large pancake. Cook until it begins to bubble and is solid enough to flip, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Gently flip, and cook until both sides are lightly browned and inside is cooked through, about 1 minute.
- Plate your pancake. Remove skillet from heat, re-spray, and return to medium heat. Repeat with remaining batter to make a second pancake.
- Top with yogurt mixture.