|Healthy Carrot Cake Growing Oatmeal|
Entire recipe: 303 calories, 10.5g total fat (1g sat fat), 373mg sodium, 46g carbs, 8.5g fiber, 11.5g sugars, 8g protein You’ll Need: nonstick pot, medium bowl Prep: 5 minutes • Cook: 20 minutes • Cool:10 minutes
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup shredded carrots, finely chopped
- 2 packets natural no-calorie sweetener
- ¼ ounce (about 1 tablespoon) chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon raisins, chopped
- In a nonstick pot, combine oats, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add almond milk and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer.
- Stir in carrots. Cook and stir until oats are thick and creamy, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a medium bowl, and stir in sweetener. Let cool until thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Top with walnuts and chopped raisins.