- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion ( diced)
- 2 garlic cloves ( minced or use 2teasp from a jar) 1 large head broccoli ( trimmed
- and chopped, about 500g) 1 potato ( peeled & diced or leave skin on if you
- prefer) 6 cups chicken stock
- salt & freshly ground black pepper 2 -3 slices bacon ( diced)
- Fry the garlic and onion in oil in pan over moderate temperature for THREE min
- or till tender.
- Take stock, broccoli, potato and add them and heat to boiling.
- Lower the temperature and allow to simmer for 1/3 hour or till veggies are
- Blend in food processor for making smooth mixture.
- Take soup and add it back to pan and heat slightly.
- Then add the chopped bacon and allow to simmer till bacon is cooked,
- approximately ¼ hour.
- Adjust seasoning.
- You can serve this delicious recipe with toasted bread topped with blue cheese.