|Coconut lime pudding cake|
- 175ml tinned unsweetened coconut milk
- 0.25 tsp salt
- Toasted coconut, for garnish, optional
- 120ml limeade concentrate, thawed
- 3 large eggs at room temperature, separated
- 150g caster sugar
- 35g plain flour
- 30g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra to grease the tin
- Start boiling the water when you turn the oven on so it's ready when the cake goes into the oven. Separate the eggs while the lime concentrate thaws in the microwave. Position a rack in the centre of the oven and preheat the oven to 160C/Gas 3. Lightly butter a 1L gratin dish or 20cm round cake tin and set it in a roasting tin.
- Beat the 30g butter with 100g of the sugar in a large bowl until creamy, using a handheld electric mixer. Beat in the flour, then the egg yolks, limeade concentrate, coconut milk and salt.
- For the airiest egg whites, clean the beaters thoroughly so none of this mixture is left on them. In another medium bowl whip the egg whites until they form soft peaks. While whipping, slowly pour in the remaining 50g granulated sugar and continue beating until the whites hold stiff, glossy peaks. Fold a quarter of the whites into the coconut-lime mixture, then fold in the remaining whites.
- Pour the batter into the prepared dish or tin and add enough boiling water to the roasting tin to come halfway up the side of the dish or cake tin. Bake about 35 mins or until the top of the pudding cake is slightly puffed and golden. Remove from the water bath and cool on a wire rack for 10 mins.
- Serve warm, garnishing each serving with toasted coconut, if desired. Cook's Tip: Baking the cake in a water bath ensures that it will bake evenly and retain its luscious, saucy bottom.
Read Another Recipes :
- Banana Walnut Bread and Butter Pudding Easy Recipe - IT One First
- Chocolate Beetroot Cake Easy Recipe - IT One First
- Coconut lime pudding cake Easy Recipe - IT One First
- Ginger Ale Pound cake No Butter - IT One First
- Lemon Coconut Cake Easy Recipe - IT One First
- Orange Bundt Cake with Carrot Easy Recipe - IT One First
- Pineapple Upside Cake Easy Recipe - IT One First