|Chocolate Amaretti Cake|
- 2 tsp grated orange peel
- 4 large eggs
- Unsweetened cocoa powder, for sifting
- 130g sugar
- 120g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 110g dark chocolate
- 150g flaked almonds
- 60g baby amoretti cookies
- Butter-flavoured non-stick cooking spray
- 1) Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- 2) Spray a 23-cm spring form pan the non-stick spray. Refrigerate.
- Microwave the chocolate until melted and smooth, stirring every 20
- seconds, for about 1 minute.
- 3) Combine the almonds and cookies in processor. Pulse until the
- almonds and cookies are finely ground. Transfer the nut mixture to a
- medium bowl. Add the butter and sugar to the processor and blend
- until creamy and smooth. Add the grated orange peel and pulse
- riefly, until incorporated. Add the eggs 1 at a time. Blend until the
- eggs are incorporated. Clean the sides of the mixing bowl and blend
- again. Add the nut mixture and melted chocolate. Pulse until blended.
- Clean the sides of the bowl. Blend again.
- 4) Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until the center puffs and a
- tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 35
- minutes. Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes.
- 5) Transfer the cake to a platter. Sift the cocoa powder over and serve.