|Banana Walnut Bread and Butter Pudding|
- 2 bananas roughly diced into 2cm chunks
- 55g unsalted butter, softened
- 30g toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 55g dark chocolate chips
- Icing sugar for dusting
- 10 thick slices of white bread, crusts cut off
- 200g caster sugar
- 220ml milk
- 625ml double cream
- 2 vanilla pods or a few drops of vanilla essence
- 8 egg yolks
- Butter for greasing
Preheat the oven to 175°C and grease a baking dish with butter.
Pour the milk and cream into a saucepan. Split the vanilla pods and
place them in the saucepan. If using vanilla essence add this to the
milk and cream. Bring to the boil, take off the heat and allow to
In a bowl whisk the egg yolks and sugar, then using a sieve strain the
cream and milk into the eggs and sugar, stirring continuously.
Butter the slices of bread and cut into four triangles.
In the baking dish, starting at one end, place three triangles of
bread, then sprinkle with some banana, walnuts and chocolate drops.
Repeat this process until all of the bread, bananas, walnuts and
chips are used up. Carefully pour over the custard. Leave to stand for 20 minutes pushing down on the bread occasionally. The idea is for the bread to soak up the custard. chips are used up. Carefully pour over the custard. Leave to stand for 20 minutes pushing down on the bread occasionally. The idea is for the bread to soak up the custard.
Place the baking dish in a larger baking tray half filled with boiling
water and place in the oven for 30 minutes until cooked but with a
slight wobble. Do not allow the custard to overcook otherwise it will
- Leave to rest for ten minutes. Dust with icing sugar before serving
Read Another Recipes :
- Banana Walnut Bread and Butter Pudding Easy Recipe - IT One First
- Chocolate Beetroot Cake Easy Recipe - IT One First
- Coconut lime pudding cake Easy Recipe - IT One First
- Ginger Ale Pound cake No Butter - IT One First
- Lemon Coconut Cake Easy Recipe - IT One First
- Orange Bundt Cake with Carrot Easy Recipe - IT One First
- Pineapple Upside Cake Easy Recipe - IT One First