- 8 to 10 plum tomatoes (about 1 pound),
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 10 ounces Gruyere cheese, grated
- 10 ounces Emmenthaler cheese, grated
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Generous pinch of dried oregano
- peeled, seeded and chopped
Combine tomatoes and garlic in a fondue pot over low heat. Stirring continuously, cook until soft, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Add 1/4 cup of the tomato juice and cook until very hot, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Add cheeses. Mix cornstarch with remaining 1/4 cup tomato juice and the cream until smooth. Stir into tomato-cheese mixture and cook, stirring until cheese is melted. Season with white pepper and oregano.
Serve with crusty bread, cut into 1-inch cubes, or small pieces of ham, sausages or blanched vegetables.
Thank's For Reading swiss tomato fondue Easy Recipes