|Lentil Soup for weight loss|
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Spanish onions 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, minced 12 cups water
- 1 cup dried brown lentils
- 1 cup dried split peas
- 4 smoked ham hocks (about 3 3/4 lbs) 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 -2 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots
- 1 1/4 cups chopped celery
- lemon slice
- Fry the garlic and onion in oil in dutch oven over moderate temperature for
- FIVE min, mixing till tender.
- Add the rest of items besides lemon slices, carrots and celery.
- Heat to boiling.
- Lower the temperature and cover the pot.
- Allow to simmer for approximately 75 min.
- Add in carrots. Add in celery.
- Heat back to boiling then lower the temperature.
- Allow to simmer, for ¾ hour.
- Take the pot away from heat.
- After this, take out the hocks and bay leaf. Then remove the bay leaves.
- Allow to cool the hocks and remove the bones and fat.
- Place the meat back in soup and blend and heat.
- After this, float a lemon slice over every serving