Flower Pot Walnut Bread - Easy Recipes
- 2 ounces fresh yeast
- 3 cups lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 egg
- 6 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 new (5-6 inch diameter) clay pots*
* Purchase only clay pots made in the United States. Those manufactured outside the United States mix lead with the clay.
Pour water into a bowl and add yeast and a pinch of sugar. Let stand for a few minutes. Add remaining sugar, salt, butter and flour as needed. Knead well. Put into an oiled bowl, cover and let rise for about 2 hours.
Knead the dough again, adding walnuts. Grease the flower pots. Divide dough into 4 equal parts, roll each into a ball and place them in flower pots. Let rise for about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Make a cut across the surface of the dough. Whisk the egg lightly and brush the dough. Bake for about 40 minutes.Thank's For Reading flower pot walnut bread Easy Recipes