Zucchini and Carrot Muffins Easy Recipes
Zucchini and Carrot Muffins Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups unsifted self-rising all-purpose flour*
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup coarsely grated carrots
- 1 cup coarsely grated zucchini
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place cast iron muffin pans or molds in the oven to heat. In a large bowl, combine self-rising flour, sugar, cinnamon, carrots, zucchini, and orange rind. Add eggs, oil, and orange juice to the flour mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Carefully remove hot muffin pans or molds from the oven. Grease with vegetable cooking spray or brush with vegetable shortening. Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until tops springs back when gently touched. Serve warm.
* To use all-purpose flour which is not self-rising, add 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 3/4 teaspoon salt to the flour mixture.