v-8 vegetable juice
V-8 Vegetable Juice
Source: Sunset magazine
- 15 pounds fully ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced/mashed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
Over medium high heat bring the vegetables to a boil and boil gently for about 20 minutes.
In a covered blender (food processor) and a portion at a time process until smooth. Strain and discard pulp. Add seasonings and bring to just under boiling if canning, or chill and freeze. Yields about 6 quarts.