Southern Style Oven Fried Chicken and Southern Style Oven Fried Recipes
Sesame Cheese Logs Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seed
Combine all ingredients except sesame seed; blend well. Shape into a log or ball; roll in sesame seed. Chill.
Serve with crackers.
To toast sesame seeds
Sprinkle seeds in a shallow baking pan. Place in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden, tossing occasionally.
Cherry Crepes Recipe
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (21 ounces) can cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup orange flavor liqueur
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Blend sour cream and brown sugar. Set aside.
Beat Bisquick, egg, and milk with rotary beater until smooth. Spoon 2 tablespoons batter into a hot, lightly greased 6 or 7-inch skillet. Rotate pan until batter covers the bottom. Bake until bubbles appear. Gently loosen the edge. Turn and bake another side. Spoon 1 tablespoon sour cream mixture onto one half of each crepe. Roll up. Place crepes seam side down onto an ovenproof platter. Bake for about 5 minutes.
In chafing dish or saucepan, heat pie filling until warm. Heat liqueur just until warm. Pour liqueur slowly over pie filling and ignite immediately. Do not stir. Spoon sauce and cherries over crepes.
Southern Style Oven Fried Chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 ounces buttermilk
- 3/4 cups cornflake crumbs
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts,
- cut into four 4-ounce pieces
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine flour, salt, and cayenne pepper together in a medium-size bowl.
- Place buttermilk and corn flakes crumbs in 2 separate shallow bowls.
- Roll chicken breast halves in flour mixture and evenly coat each side. Next dip chicken into buttermilk and then cornflake crumbs.
- Place coated chicken breasts in prepared baking dish. Bake until chicken is tender and no longer pink, about 20 minutes.