Salsa Chicken, Salsa Chicken, Salmon Ball, Coconut Pound Cake Recipe
Salsa Chicken Recipe
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (I used
- chicken tenders - 3 tenders and 3 points per serving)
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup salsa (hot or mild, to your taste)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (I use Kraft 2% low fat)
- Light sour cream for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Place chicken breasts in 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle taco seasoning on both sides of chicken. Pour the salsa all over the breasts. Bake at 375 degrees F for about 25 - 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and juicy and juices run clear.
Sprinkle the cheese on the breasts evenly and bake another 5 minutes or so until melted and bubbly.
Serve with fat free sour cream as a garnish if desired.
4 servings - 4 WW points per serving
Salmon Ball Recipe
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can Red Alaskan salmon,
- well-drained, boned, and skinned
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- Chopped parsley or chopped pecans
Blend first 6 ingredients. Shape into a ball or pack into a mold lined with plastic wrap. Chill several hours or overnight. Unmold.
Before serving, coat with chopped nuts or parsley. Serve with crackers and garnish, if desired, with parsley, lemon wedges, black olives, and Salmon Pinwheels. May be frozen.
Yields 1 1/2 cups and serves 24.
Coconut Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Stir in coconut and flavorings. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour and 10 to 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.
Yields 12 servings.