Mexican Chicken Stew and Iced Lemon Grass Tea Recipe
Mexican Chicken Stew
- 2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breasts,
- cut into 1 1/2-inch piece
- 4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut very small
- 1 (15 ounces) can mild salsa
- 1 (4 ounces) can dice green chiles
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (8 ounces) can tomato sauce
- Mix all ingredients together in a crockpot. Cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Serve with warmed flour tortillas.
Iced Lemon Grass Tea
- 8 stalks fresh lemongrass
- 1-quart water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, or to taste
- Rinse lemongrass stalks; slice into thirds. Crush stalks with a side of cleaver or mallet; place in a saucepan with the water. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add sugar, stirring to dissolve. Cool, strain, and serve over ice.