Marshmallow Creme, Straw-Ba-Nut Ice Cream And Pineapple Spareribs
Marshmallow Creme Recipe
3 egg whites
2 cups light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
In a large mixer bowl, combine egg whites, syrup, and salt. Beat for 10 minutes until thick. Add confectioners' sugar at low speed. Then add vanilla extract and beat until blended.
Makes two quarts.
Chocolate Raspberry Cream Crepes Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon fine quality cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
White Chocolate Sauce
- 1 (6 ounces) white chocolate baking bar
- 5 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raspberry liqueur
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon raspberry liqueur
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 pints of fresh raspberries, divided
Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
Blend all ingredients for crepes in a blender or food processor until smooth. Heat 6-inch non-stick skillet pan over medium-high heat; coat with vegetable spray. Pour 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter into pan; swirling to form crepe. Cook minute on each side or until golden. Repeat with the remaining batter. Crepes m be stacked and freeze well. Makes 14 crepes.
White Chocolate Sauce: Gently melt chocolate over low heat; stirring at intervals. Set aside. Place cream in a small saucepan; bring to boil. Add corn syrup, stirring until blended. Gradually add cream mixture to melted chocolate, stirring until smooth. Stir in liqueur and vanilla extract. Keep warm.
Yield: 1 cup.
Raspberry Cream: Whip the cream, raspberry liqueur, and sugar to form soft peaks. Fold in 1/4 of raspberries.
To serve: Spoon some chocolate sauce over the center of each dessert plate. Spoon a generous 2 tablespoons raspberry cream down the center of each crepe. Fold 2 sides over and place seam side down on the chocolate sauce. Sprinkle with raspberries and garnish with mint. Serve immediately.
Yield: 7 servings
Straw-Ba-Nut Ice Cream Recipe
Source: Southern Living Magazine
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (14 ounces) can sweeten condensed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh strawberries*, sliced
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Red food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup milk (approximately)
Beat eggs with an electric mixer at medium speed until frothy. Gradually add sugar, beating until thick. Stir in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract.
Combine strawberries, bananas, and pecans; fold in whipped topping. Add fruit mixture to egg mixture; stir gently. Add food coloring, if desired, until the mixture reaches the preferred color. Pour into the freezer can of a 1-gallon hand-turned or electric freezer. Add enough milk to fill can three-fourths full. Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Let ripen for at least 1 hour.
* One 10 ounce bag of frozen strawberries, thawed, may be substituted for fresh ones.
Pineapple Spareribs Recipe
- 3-4 pounds lean spareribs
- 1 cup Smucker's Pineapple Preserves
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
In a saucepan, combine preserves, vinegar, ketchup, and soy sauce. Heat, stirring constantly, until well blended. Pour half the pineapple mixture over the layer of ribs. Top with remaining ribs and remaining pineapple mixture. Cover the pan and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 1 1/2 hours.
Uncover and continue baking for 20 to 30 minutes, basting with the pineapple mixture occasionally, until ribs are brown and tender.
Makes 5 to 6 servings.