Marshall Field's Frango Mints and Garlicky Brown Sugar Chicken Recipe
Marshall Field's Frango Mints
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 16 ounces chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
Combine in order. Beat well. Spread on prepared cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely.
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring
Beat until smooth and spread across the base in the pan. Refrigerate until firm.
- 6 ounces chocolate chip morsels (can use a little more)
- 6 tablespoons butter
Melt in a double boiler. Spread on top.
Red Chile, New Mexico Style Recipe
- 1 cup coarsely ground New Mexico red chile
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound chopped or finely cut beef
Use as a filling for warmed flour tortillas.
California Pizza Kitchen Tequila Chicken Fettuccine
Source: Posted on FareShare by AcaGordon 6-99
- 1 pound dry spinach fettuccine (or 2 pounds fresh)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (2 tablespoons reserved for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno pepper (seeds and veins maybe eliminated if the milder flavor is desired)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (reserve tablespoon for saute )
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (preferably homemade)
- 2 tablespoons gold tequila
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/4 pounds chicken breast, diced 3/4 inch
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
NOTES: Recipes evolve on their own. Early on we put a shot of tequila in each dish. The bottle was kept over the range. Then one day it heated up, accidentally tipped, and burst into flames. After that, we started putting the tequila right in the sauce. Too much of this one and you really will end up south of the border or under the table.
Prepare rapidly boiling, salted water to cook pasta; cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes for dry pasta, approximately 3 minutes for fresh. Pasta may be cooked slightly ahead of time, rinsed and oiled, and then "flashed" (reheated) in boiling water or cooked to coincide with the finishing of the sauce/topping.
Cook 1/3 cup cilantro, garlic and jalapeno in 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add stock, tequila and lime juice. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until reduced to a paste-like consistency; set aside.
Pour soy sauce over diced chicken; set aside for 5 minutes. Meanwhile cook onion and peppers, stirring occasionally, with remaining butter over medium heat. When the vegetables have wilted (become limp), add chicken and soy sauce; toss and add reserved tequila/lime paste and cream.
Bring the sauce to a boil; boil gently until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thick (about 3 minutes). When the sauce is done, toss with well-drained spinach fettuccine and reserved cilantro.
Serve family-style or transfer to serving dishes, evenly distributing chicken and vegetables.
Garlicky Brown Sugar Chicken Recipe
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds chicken pieces
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda (regular or diet)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black or cayenne pepper
Place chicken in crockpot. Mix remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken. Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. Serve over rice or noodles.