Lemonade Meringue Pie
Lemonade Meringue Pie
- 1 (9-inch) baked pie shell
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 3 slightly beaten egg yolks
- 1 small box regular vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
Combine sour cream and egg yolk. Stir in pudding mix, milk and lemonade. Cook until it thickens and boils. Remove from heat. Spoon into pie shell. Top hot filling with meringue made with egg whites, spreading meringue to edges to seal. Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes to brown meringue.
Paw Paw Ice Cream
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 cups cream or half-and-half
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 3 oranges, juiced
- 2 cups mashed paw paws
Mix together milk, cream, and sugar. Place ingredients in ice cream freezer and turn until mushy. Add juices of lemons and oranges and mashed pawpaws. Turn the freezer until frozen, then let stand one hour and pack the freezer.
Black Forest Oatmeal Bars
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet real chocolate chips
- 1 cup (5 ounces) dried tart cherries, coarsely chopped Drizzle
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Kirsch or apple juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.Combine butter, sugar, and brown sugar in a large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (1 to 2 minutes). Add eggs and vanilla extract; continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes). Stir in oats, chocolate chips, and cherries by hand.
Spread dough evenly into an ungreased 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
Drizzle: Stir together confectioners' sugar and Kirsch in a small bowl. Gradually stir in enough water for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over bars. Cut into 48 bars.
Nutrition Facts (1 bar) Calories: 110;Fat: 5 g;Cholesterol: 15 mg;Sodium: 65 mg; Carbohydrates: 17 g;Dietary Fiber: 1 g;Protein: 1 g