Johnny Mazetti, Sausage Gravy and Johnny Mazetti Recipe
Sausage Gravy Recipe
- 1 pound Bob Evans sausage
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1-pint milk (as required)
- 1 dollop sour cream (optional)
Using a cast-iron skillet, break up and brown Bob Evans sausage. Add flour to sausage; brown it up for a while. This gives it a good color. Add milk required to give thick gravy; simmer to merge flavor. Add a dollop of sour cream just before serving, after removing from heat.
Serve on top of toast, biscuits, hash browns, or home fries.
VariationsUse half hamburger and half sausage; use half hot and half mild sausage.
Corn Cakes with Raspberry Butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray or grease a cookie sheet.
- In a bowl mix flour, meal, sugar, baking powder, salt and milk. Mix well. Add beaten egg and melted butter. Drop onto greased cookie sheet by spoonsful. Bake 15 or 18 minutes until cakes are done. Serve hot with Raspberry Butter.
- Raspberry Butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry jam
- With electric mixer, whip butter with raspberry jam.
- Makes 1/2 cup Raspberry Butter.
Peanut Butter Balls Recipe
Johnny Mazetti Recipe
1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
1 cup onion, diced
1 cup celery, diced
15 ounces tomato sauce
1 (16 ounces) can of tomatoes with juice
1 cup water
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon sugar
1 (4 ounces) can mushroom, drained
1 1/2 cups Granburger*
8 ounces medium noodles
8 ounces cheese, grated
Coat saucepan with oil. Add bell pepper, onion, and celery. Cover. Cook about 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except for noodles and cheese. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, cook noodles and add to other ingredients. Put into a casserole and top with grated cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
* Granburger is a meat substitute (like ground beef) that comes in a quart container (like milk comes in). It can be found at Seventh Day Adventist food stores or health food stores. You may substitute 1 pound ground beef for Granburger.