Hush Puppy Recipe
Hush Puppy Recipe
- 1 (8.5 ounces) box corn muffin mix
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounces) can oven-baked beans
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon smoky-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can green beans, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepares half of the corn muffin mix. Set aside. Sprinkle chili powder onto chicken chunks. Cook chicken over medium heat in a nonstick pan until opaque. Stir in baked beans, stewed tomatoes, and barbecue sauce. Mix green beans with dill. Add to chicken mixture. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Pour chicken mixture into baking dish. Dot corn muffin batter on top of chicken mixture. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until topping is golden. Remove from oven and brush with maple syrup. Yields 8 servings.
- 1 (3 to 5 pound) roast
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 to 3 cups water
- 1 large onion, cut up
Salt and pepper roast on each side to your taste. Place the stick of butter in a cast-iron Dutch oven. Brown roast completely. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Add 2 to 3 cups of water to the Dutch oven to prevent sticking. Place onion on top of the roast. Add cream of mushroom soup. Bake slowly, covered, for about 3 hours.
Canyon Cafe Chocolate Banana Burrito
- 1 whole fresh banana, fresh, peeled
- 1 tablespoon semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (10-inch) flour tortilla
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1 tablespoon pecan pieces, toasted
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 ounces caramel sauce
- 1/2 ounce chocolate syrup
Warm tortilla. Roll banana with chocolate chips, place in a tortilla. Fold ends over, seal with egg yolk. Deep fry until golden brown and chocolate is melted, about 4 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Cut in the center on a bias. Place burrito with points up on a dessert plate, pooled with caramel sauce. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream next to the burrito. Sprinkle with pecans, decorate with chocolate syrup. Serves 1.
- 2 or 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces (2 to 3)
- 1 pound kielbasa, sliced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans green beans, drained
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Layer ingredients in the crockpot in the order listed. Cook on LOW for anywhere from 4 to 10 hours.