Fruit And Nut Truffles and Green Chile-Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe
Fruit and Nut Truffles Recipe
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, divided
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cognac or rum
- 1 1/4 cup apricots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 30 hazelnut halves
- Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment or aluminum foil.
- In the top of a double boiler over low heat, stir 4 ounces of the chocolate until melted.
- Remove from the heat and beat in the cream and cognac. Blend in the apricots, chopped hazelnuts, ginger and confectioners' sugar. Stir well to combine.
- Chill the mixture, if necessary, until firm enough to handle. Form into 1-inch balls and set aside on a sheet of wax paper.
- In the top of a double boiler over low heat, stir the remaining 5 ounces of chocolate until melted. Remove from the heat.
- Using a fork, dip each truffle into the melted chocolate, allowing any excess to run off. Place the truffles on the prepared baking sheet. Top each with a hazelnut half and chill.
- When the chocolate has set, the truffles can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Polish Cabbage Casserole Recipe
- 1 to 2 pounds kielbasa sausage
- 1 small head cabbage
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced into rings
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 package medium egg noodles, cooked according to package
Use a large cast-iron skillet or Dutch oven. Slice sausage 1 inch thick and put into a skillet or Dutch oven. Place onions ring on top.
Wash cabbage and slice into 1-inch sections and place on top of meat and onions. Season with seasoning salt or just salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook over medium heat until cabbage is tender, stirring frequently. Mix in egg noodles and put a dollop of sour cream on top of each serving.
Provencal Chicken Strips Recipe
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 -8 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 3 cups hot cooked wide noodles
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Saute the chicken, stirring constantly, 4 minutes. Add the scallions and garlic; cook, stirring frequently until the chicken is cooked through, 2-4 minutes.
Stir in the tomatoes, parsley, capers, vinegar, and rosemary. Reduce the heat and simmer until the liquid evaporates, about 10 minutes. Serve the chicken mixture over the noodles.
Serves 4. 5 WW points per serving.
Green Chile-Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinned chicken breast halves, pounded thin
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 ounces green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup hot enchilada sauce