Fire House Casserole, Blackberry Pound Cake And Lemon Glaze Recipe
Fire House Casserole Recipe
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
1 package Doritos
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 small onion, chopped
1 can crescent rolls
1 (4 ounce) can chiles, chopped
1 package cheese, grated
1/2 cup water
Brown ground beef and onion. Drain.
Spread unbaked crescent rolls over the bottom and 1/2 way up the sides of a 9-inch square ungreased pan, pressing with fingers. Crush a layer of Doritos over the unbaked rolls.
Mix taco seasoning, 1/2 cup water, sour cream and chopped chilies with the browned ground beef and onion mixture. Spread the meat mixture over the crushed Doritos. Top with more crushed Doritos. Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees F. Top with grated cheese and bake until cheese melts. Serve with chopped lettuce and salsa if desired.
Blackberry Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups unsifted flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blackberry jam
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons ReaLemon reconstituted lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped nuts
In large mixer bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Sift or stir together flour, cream of tartar, salt and baking soda. Blend together jam, ReaLemon and sour cream. Add flour mixture until well blended. Stir in vanilla extract and nuts. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 70 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Top with Lemon Glaze.
Lemon Glaze Recipe
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- Blend sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Navajo Beef and Chile Stew
- 3/4 pound lean beef stew meat, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can ready-cut tomatoes with juice
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chiles, drained
- 1 (18.5 ounce) can whole-kernel corn, undrained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
Makes about 4 servings.