Fig Cobbler In Cheddar Pastry and Greek Chicken Stew (Kapama) Recipe
Fig Cobbler in Cheddar Pastry Recipe
5 cups peeled halved fresh figs (2 1/2 pounds)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3/4 cups granulated sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cups shortening
1/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons cold water
Arrange figs evenly in a lightly greased 10 x 6 x 2-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice.Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir well and sprinkle over figs. Dot with butter.
Pastry: Combine flour and salt; cut in shortening. Stir in cheese. Sprinkle cold water (1 tablespoon at a time) over surface. Stir with a fork until moist. Roll in a ball. Roll pastry out to 1/2 inch thickness and cut into strips, 10 x 1/2 inches. Arrange in lattice fashion over figs. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes.
Pineapple Cheese Ball Recipe
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
Mix together all ingredients except pecans. Chill until easy to handle. Form a ball and roll in chopped pecans. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Greek Chicken Stew (Kapama) Recipe
- 8 to 10 assorted chicken parts
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- Juice of two lemons
- Dash of pepper
Place chicken in crockpot. Add tomato sauce, juice and pepper. Cook for 4 to 6 hours on LOW.
Serve over buttered macaroni with Parmesan cheese.
Pumpkin Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 cup cooked or canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- Gingersnaps (optional)
Yields 4 to 6 servings.