Chocolate Mint Pound Cake And Mint Chocolate Chip Glaze Recipe
Chocolate Mint Pound Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 2/3 cups (10 ounces) Hershey's Mint
- Chocolate Chips, divided
- 3 to 4 drops green food color (optional)
- Mint Chocolate Chip Glaze
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Beat butter, cream cheese and sugar in medium bowl until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat well. Stir in flour and baking powder; stir in 1 cup mint chocolate chips (reserving the remainder for glaze) and green food color, if desired. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until cake pulls away from sides of pan. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Prepare Mint Chocolate Chip glaze. Spread over top of cake, allowing glaze to run down sides. Cool completely. Yields about 10 servings.
Mint Chocolate Chip Glaze
Place remaining 2/3 cup mint chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil). Microwave at HIGH (100%) for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- People and Canine Biscuits
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups rye flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 cups cracked wheat
- 1/2 cup dry milk
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup very warm water
- 2 to 3 cups chicken broth or
- other liquid (e.g. veggie water)
- 1 large egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon milk
Mix flours, cracked wheat, cornmeal, dry milk and salt in large bowl. Sprinkle yeast over warm water and stir in small bowl. Add yeast and 2 cups of broth to dry ingredients. Mix well with hands (dough will be very stiff). If necessary add a little more broth. Roll out dough on floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness and cut into desired shapes. Place on ungreased sheets. Brush with egg and milk mixture. Bake for 45 minutes at 300 degrees F. Turn off oven and leave in oven overnight.