Chocolate Biscuits and Cut Into Bite-Size Pieces Recipes
Chocolate Biscuits Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup light cream
Measure out all ingredients. Then mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa and salt in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Gradually add the cream, mixing with a spoon until mixture holds together.
Lightly knead dough on a lightly floured board for about one minute. Spread out with a rolling pin to about 3/4 inch thick. Cut with a biscuit cutter and place onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes, then cool.
Colorful Sausage and Bell Peppers
- 1 pound sweet or hot Italian sausages, cut into bit-size pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice
In a large skillet, bring the sausages and water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the sausages are no longer pink. Remove the skillet from the heat. Drain off the water and sausage fat.
Add remaining ingredients except rice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 8 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender. Serve immediately over hot rice.
Cherry Mallow Cobbler
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 1/2 cups cherry pie filling (21 ounce) can
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups miniature marshmallows
Combine crumbs and margarine. Press into bottom of 8-inch round baking pan. Cover with pie filling. Chill.
Whip cream with almond extract until stiff. Fold in marshmallows and spread over cherry filling. Chill several hours before serving.
Southern Style Chicken and Gravy
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- Dash of pepper
- 3 (8 ounce) cans no-salt-added mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken,
Cooked and cut into bite-size pieces
- Put the milk, cornstarch, salt and chicken broth into a Dutch oven. Mix well before turning on heat, dissolving cornstarch completely. Turn heat on medium.
- Add drained mixed vegetables and cooked bite sized pieces of chicken. Stir
- occasionally and cook approximately 10 to 12 minutes or until mixture is creamy.
- Serve over two biscuits.
- Add more points for the biscuits.
- One 1/2 cup serving (calculated w/o biscuits) equals: Calories 126; Fat 1g;
- Fiber 2g; Carbohydrates 9g; Protein 18g; Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 256mg
Favorite Chicken Tetrazzini
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup sharp cheese, shredded
- 1 pint light cream
- Pinch of baking soda
- 1 (4 to 6 pound) chicken
- 16 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked