Cherry Meringue Pie and Cherry Meringue Pie Recipe
Minestrone Macaroni Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 (14 ounces) cans Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinse, drain
- 1 (14 ounces) can cut green beans, rinsed, and drained
In a large skillet, brown beef; drain. Add the tomatoes, water, macaroni, and bouillon cubes; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until macaroni are tender.
Stir in beans and heat through.
Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
- 4 chicken thighs, skin removed if desired
- 4 chicken drumsticks, skin removed if desired
- 1 (15 ounces) can chunky Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar whole mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
With a slotted spoon, remove chicken and vegetables from crockpot; place in serving bowl. Cover to keep warm.
In small bowl, combine water and flour; blend well. Stir into liquid in crockpot. Cover; cook on HIGH setting for 5 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir well; spoon mixture over chicken.
Yields 4 servings.
In a 3 1/2-quart crockpot, combine all ingredients except water and flour; mix gently. Cover; cook on LOW setting for 6 hours or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear.
Cherry Meringue Pie Recipe
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
Cut a brown paper bag or parchment paper to fit a round pizza pan. Place a serving plate on the round-cut paper and draw a circle with a pencil.
Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Crack the egg over a separate bowl. There must not be any yolk in the whites or it will not whip correctly. By using a separate bowl, you guard against having to toss the whole thing if you have an accident with a yolk. Save the yolk for another use.
Place whites and cream of tartar in mixing bowl and beat with a mixer on high speed until frothy. Very gradually, add the sugar in a small stream and beat until the meringue forms and holds stiff peaks. Pour onto the middle of the brown paper and with a knife or rubber spatula, shape into a resemblance of a pie pan, pushing meringue up at the edges to form sides. Leave a 1-inch border around the edge of the paper, The meringue will expand slightly and you want to ensure it will fit on your serving plate.
Bake in the middle of the oven for 1 to 1 and 1/2 hours. It should be crispy and browned. Turn off oven, open door a notch, and let sit in oven another hour. Remove from oven and let cool completely before filling.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2 1/2 cups whipped topping, such as Cool Whip
- 1 (21 ounces) can cherry pie filling
Place a doily on the serving platter. Gently lift meringue from paper and place on serving dish. If you have trouble separating the meringue from the paper, place it into a hot oven again for just a minute or two. It should lift off of the paper easily. Spoon the cream mixture into the shell and spread evenly, pushing a little up the sides. Pour berry filling on top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving time.