White chocolate pound cake and Easy Rosemary Focaccia Recipe
White Chocolate Pound Cake Recipe
1 cup evaporated milk
4 (1 ounce) squares white baking chocolate, chopped
1 cup butter (NO SUBSTITUTE), softened
1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine evaporated milk and chocolate. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Cool to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with chocolate mixture. Beat just until combined. Pour into prepared baking pan. Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack; cool completely, then ice.
3 (1 ounce) squares white baking chocolate, chopped
1/4 cup butter (NO SUBSTITUTE)
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 tablespoons milk
Yields 12 servings.
Easy Rosemary Focaccia
- 1 (16 ounce) ball pizza dough
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated extra sharp white Cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly flour a work surface. Roll the pizza dough to about 1/2 inch thick. Place the dough on a baking sheet. Brush liberally with olive oil. Scatter the grated Cheddar, rosemary and salt on top. Puncture the dough with a fork to keep it from bubbling. Place it in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden. Cut into serving pieces.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.