Greek Beef Stew And Steak Casserole Recipe
Greek Beef Stew Recipe
1 medium onion
4 cloves fresh garlic (about 2 teaspoons minced)
2 1/2 pounds beef chuck or blade roast, cut into cubes, or stew meat
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 cinnamon stick or 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
28 ounces canned, crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup dry red wine, beef broth, or water
- Turn the crockpot on HIGH.
- Chop onion and add to the pot. Add minced garlic. Top with meat. Sprinkle in salt, pepper and oregano, and add cinnamon stick or cinnamon. Add tomatoes and wine. Reduce heat to LOW and cook 8 to 10 hours. Meat should be falling-apart tender.
- Serve over couscous, orzo, mashed potatoes or rice.
- Serves 4 to 6.
1 1/4 cups nonfat dry milk
1/4 cup baking powder
1 tablespoon salt
2 cups shortening
Combine flour, milk, baking powder, and salt. Cut in shortening.
Steak Casserole recipe
- 3 or 4 boneless cube steaks
- 1 can Campbell's Golden Mushroom Soup
- 1 can mushrooms (optional)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
Brown the steaks in a frying pan, then place in the bottom of a baking dish. Pour the mushroom soup over them, add the can of mushrooms if you wish. Spread the sliced onions on top and season with salt, pepper, and paprika to taste. Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Serve with noodles. Spoon the gravy over the noodles, if desired.